Steve Cishek, Miami Marlins
~ Steve Cishek serves as spokesperson for “Bunkers in Baghdad,” a charity that collects golf equipment to be sent to troops in 30 countries. They also provide equipment to “Wounded Warriors” programs.
~ An avid video gamer, Steve partnered with “Pros vs. GI Joes,” a program that connects professional athletes with troops around the world to play games online.
~ Steve and fellow teammates visited troops at Homestead Air Force Base for a friendly game of softball.
~ He participates in the “Marlins Think Tank,” an online program to enrich the learning experience of kids grades 4 through 6 by linking baseball to the curriculum.
~ Steve serves as spokesman for “Fellowship Day” hosted by the Marlins’ Chaplain.
~ An active supporter of the “RBI” program (Reviving Baseball in the Inner Cities), he participates in clinics for aspiring pitchers in the bullpen at Marlins Park.
In his first season as the Marlins closer in 2013, Steve Cishek recorded 34 saves, sixth best in the National League. He has recorded 70 career saves and owns a 2.40 ERA in five big league seasons.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey