Sean Doolittle, Oakland Athletics
~ Sean Doolittle is a strong advocate and supporter of military veterans. During this season, he has visited with veterans at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, California and invited them to be his guests at A’s games. He meets with the veterans in the A’s dugout prior to the game.
~ Last season, he visited veterans and wounded warriors at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C. when the A’s played the Orioles in August.
~ He participated in the A’s Community Fund’s “Bowling Bash” that raised more than $80,000 over the past two years.
~ Sean and his teammates started “A’s Relief” last season to honor local heroes from the Bay Area who are Good Samaritans and providing relief.
~ He also supports Freedom Alliance, an educational and charitable organization that honors service members and their families.
In 2012, Sean Doolittle was named an MLB.com Organization All-Star. At the University of Virginia, he compiled 21 wins, the best ever by a Cavalier pitcher. He was the 2006 ACC Player-of-the-Year.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey