Ryan Braun, Milwaukee Brewers
~ Ryan Braun contributed $100,000 to the Brewers Community Foundation this year to support activities and programs targeted to youth recreation, scholarships and education in Wisconsin.
~ Since 2011, he has donated $25,000 to ARCW (AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin) in support of families affected by AIDS.
~ He served as co-chair of the ARCW “Walk for AIDS.”
~ Ryan has served as a sponsor of Habitat for Humanity “Build Blitz Week” in Milwaukee and during the off-season in California.
~ He hosts Make-A-Wish kids at the ballpark for their Wish Day.
~ Since 2007, Ryan has donated money for scholarships for Milwaukee-area students. He commissioned a mural through Sharp Literacy that will be placed in a school to encourage learning.
A five-time National League All-Star, Ryan Braun was the NL Most Valuable Player in 2011. He has won five Silver Slugger Awards. In 2012, he led the NL in home runs (41) and runs (108).
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey