Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona Diamondbacks
~ Paul Goldschmidt and his wife Amy are registered volunteers at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, having completed the required certification that allows them to volunteer on a regular basis.
~ Working with the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation last season, a limited edition Goldschmidt print was sold during the annual Fox Sports Arizona charity game. The print sold out in a few short hours, helping to raise $100,000 for Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
~ This season, Paul and Amy are working with the Foundation to launch “Goldy’s Fund for Kids.” Fans and supporters who make a $44 (Paul’s uniform number) donation receive a limited edition “Goldschmidt Bleacher Creature” keepsake toy. They expect to raise more than $100,000.
~ Last season, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in management from the University of Phoenix, often completing assignments as the team traveled. As part of the “Teaming Up For Education” program, Paul will grant three full tuition scholarships to the University for Arizona fans.
Last season was a big one for Paul Goldschmidt. He was elected to the National League All-Star team, earned Silver Slugger and Gold Glove Awards, and won the Hank Aaron Award. He finished first in the league in home runs (36), slugging percentage (.551) and RBIs (125).
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey