Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto Blue Jays
~ In 2011, Jose established the Bautista Family Education Fund to encourage young baseball players in both Canada and his native Dominican Republic to stay in school and work toward a college degree rather than becoming a pro too early.
~ He traveled on the 2013 Winter Tour to Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Saskatoon, visiting schools and conducting mini-clinics.
~ Jose participates in the Blue Jays Baseball Academy, teaching skills to young ball players and helping them prepare mentally and physically for success in their on-field and off-field lives.
~ He attended the Jays Care Foundation’s gala, helping to raise more than $1,000,000 for the organization. He auctioned off a personal hitting lesson to two lucky winners. He also played in the Blue Jays 19th annual Charity Golf Classic this year.
A four-time American League All-Star, Jose Bautista has won two Silver Slugger Awards and two Hank Aaron Awards. He led the league in home runs in 2010 (54) and 2011 (43).
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey