John Danks, Chicago White Sox
Chicago White Sox
~ John Danks supports clean, doping-free baseball. He is a member of the Taylor Hooton Foundation’s “All Me League” Advisory Board.
~ In partnership with Oral Health America, he promotes the National Spit Tobacco Education program as spokesperson and recording PSAs.
~ A strong supporter of White Sox military initiatives, he visits local VA hospitals, hosts military families at the ballpark and participates in the “True Heroes” program.
~ In 2008, John served as spokesperson for the Chicago Public Library’s Summer Reading program and signed autographs at “AbilityCamp” for kids.
~ He served as honorary head coach at the 2010 Chicago Special Olympics opening ceremonies and team captain of the White Sox RBI program.
~ John is also an active supporter of Chicago White Sox Charities.
In his first Major League season in 2007, John Danks ranked in the top five among rookies in strikeouts (109), starts (26) and innings pitched (139). He is a mainstay in the White Sox starting rotation.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey