Joey Votto, Cincinnatti Reds
POSITION: First Base
CHARITIES SUPPORTED: Joey Votto Foundation, Reds Community Fund, Reds Urban Youth Academy, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Boys and Girls Clubs, Ronald McDonald House, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
~ In 2013, he launched the Joey Votto Foundation to create and operate his own community programs. His “Monthly Mission” program offers military families affected by post traumatic stress the opportunity to socialize and network while providing service to their community.
~ He partnered with the University of Cincinnati Health Services to provide the treatment and resources families need to overcome post traumatic stress. Their goal is to provide care to 500 new patients and 4,000 therapy sessions each year.
~ Joey hosts numerous hitting clinics for the Reds Urban Youth Academy. This year, he is the captain of the Reds Heads Kids Club.
~ He is actively involved with Make-A-Wish visits during each homestand.
~ Other community outreach includes visits to Boys and Girls Club, Ronald McDonald House and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
A four-time National League All-Star, Joey Votto was named the league’s MVP in 2010. He has won a Gold Glove and Hank Aaron Award. He led the league in on base percentage four straight years.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey