Ian Desmond, Washington Nationals
~ Over the past decade, Ian Desmond has become a compelling ambassador off the field for the Washington Nationals.
~ He serves on the Board of Directors of the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy, donating his time, money and image to promote the organization.
~ He created “Ian’s Academy All-Stars” to invite 30 students each month to join him at the ballpark to reward them for their hard work and commitment to both baseball and academics.
~ Ian and his wife Chelsey actively supported the Baseball Tomorrow Fund’s Equipment Drive that brought in more than 1,200 pieces of donated equipment for the Southern District Little League.
~ During May, Ian heavily promoted Neurofibromatosis Awareness Month through social media. His efforts raised $32,000 for the Children’s Tumor Foundation over the span of one month.
~ He also volunteers for various Washington Nationals Dream Foundation initiatives, as well as regularly visiting Walter Reed National Medical Center.
Elected to the National League All-Star team in 2012, Ian Desmond has won two Gold Glove Awards. He received the Nationals Heart and Hustle Award in 2011 and 2013.
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey