Glen Perkins, Minnesota Twins
~ Two years ago, Glen and Alisha Perkins started “Fifteen’s 5K” for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, one of the most popular race events in the Twin Cities. The course runs from the Metrodome to home plate at Target Field, raising money for the disease that affects mostly children.
~ Glen and teammate Brian Duensing started “Leftie’s Lunkers” this year, a pro-am fishing tournament to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
~ The Perkins support the “Light the Night Walk” for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, serving as spokespeople for the event and leading a walk team.
~ Glen is the spokesperson for “Give to the Max Day,” a statewide campaign to encourage charitable giving one day in November. Last year, the event raised $17,145, 280 for Minnesota charities.
~ In 2011, he established a community ticket program called “Perk’s Pen.” More than 1,000 economically disadvantaged youth and their families have attended Twins games for free.
While attending the University of Minnesota, Glen Perkins was named College Player-of-the-Year by the Midwest Scouts Association in 2004. He was elected to the 2013 American League All-Star Team.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey