Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
CHARITIES SUPPORTED: Mariners Care Foundation, Make-A-Wish, Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Humane Society of Seattle, Seattle Children’s Hospital.
~ For five years, Felix Hernandez has volunteered to help the Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence. He serves as spokesperson for their “Refuse to Abuse” campaign. He is one of the few professional athletes to help raise awareness about the issue of domestic violence.
~ This year, he teamed up with Grammy Award-winning recording artist and Seattle native Macklemore launch a comprehensive anti-bullying campaign.
~ Felix continues to be an advocate for the Humane Society of Seattle/Kings County.
~ In 2012, he promoted the “Run for Hope Seattle 5K Run and 3K Walk” to benefit Children’s Hospital and the Pediatric Brain Tumor Research Fund.
~ Over his career, Felix has supported numerous other charities, including The Martinez Foundation, Esperanza, South Park Community Center, Special Olympics and Boys & Girls Clubs.
A four-time All-Star, Felix Hernandez won the 2010 American League Cy Young Award. That year, he led the league in ERA (2.27), games started (34) and innings pitched (249).
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey