Darren O’Day, Baltimore Orioles
~ For the past several years, Darren O’Day has been a strong supporter of military personnel.
~ In May, he and his wife Elizabeth hosted their second annual “Barbecue for the Troops” event in support of the USO. The event raised $28,000 from the barbecue and silent auction to support deployed troops and military families, as well as wounded, ill and injured soldiers.
~ Darren donates $2,500 every year towards the Orioles “Military Sunday Suite” program to give wounded soldiers and other active military a catered private suite at Sunday games .
~ He donates $50 for every batter he strikes out to Luke’s Wings, an organization that supports current and former service members wounded in battle.
~ In May this year, Darren taught baseball skills to 100 Little Leaguers from Fort Meade.
Entering this season, Darren O’Day ranked second among American League relievers with 12 wins since 2012 and 12th in ERA at 2.23 in 137 games. In 2012, his first season with the Orioles, he set career highs in wins, games, innings pitched and strikeouts.
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey