Craig Kimbrel, Atlanta Braves
~ Craig Kimbrel raises money for childhood cancer research by serving as Chairman of the Players for Curing Kids Cancer.
~ He donates $100 per save and $25 per strikeout to Curing Kids Cancer. In 2013, his stats translated to more than $8,000 for childhood cancer research on top of $7,500 in 2012.
~ Craig and his wife Ashley have sponsored special events for Curing Kids Cancer.
~ His “Striking Out Kids Cancer” program brings more than 250 children and their families to enjoy a Braves game, lunch and a visit with Craig. This has become an annual event for pediatric cancer patients, their families and Curing Kids Cancer supporters.
~ In 2013, the Kimbrels hosted their first benefit concert, “Cowboy Boots and Cocktails” with friend and rising country star Cole Swindell. Another benefit concert is scheduled for this November.
~ The Kimbrels also support food hunger awareness initiatives by meeting and greeting fans who donate canned goods to the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
A four-time National League All-Star, Craig Kimbrel led all NL relievers last season in ERA (1.21). He has led the league in saves the last three years. Craig finished fourth in the NL Cy Young voting last season.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey