Chase Utley, Philadelphia Phillies
POSITION: Second Base
CHARITIES SUPPORTED: The Utley Foundation, Pennsylvania SPCA, Mural Arts, St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Make-A-Wish, Phillies Jr. RBI League.
~ In 2011, Chase and his wife Jen founded The Utley Foundation to bring awareness to the increasing epidemic of animal cruelty. They work closely with the Pennsylvania SPCA to fight against animal neglect, pain and suffering. They have filmed numerous PSAs for the organization.
~ Since 2008, the Utleys have raised more than $2,000,000 though events such as their Utley All-Star Animal Casino Night, Save a Pet at the Park Auction and Pet Calendars.
~ Philadelphia is the home of the Mural Arts Program that has created more than 3,000 murals in public spaces. The Utleys are sponsoring a series of murals entitled “Be Kind to Animals.”
~ Chase has spent more than $20,000 since 2007 to purchase Phillies season tickets that he donates to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
~ Since 2006, he has supported youth baseball as Chairman of the Phillies Jr. RBI Leagues.
A five-time All-Star, Chase Utley has earned four Silver Slugger Awards. He has won four Phillies Heart & Hustle Awards. He was a member of the Phillies 2008 World Championship team.
- 29 Oct 2014Congratulations to our 2014 Branch Rickey Award Fan Voting Winner
- 19 Sep 2014Anthony Rizzo Wins the 2014 Branch Rickey Award
- 10 Oct 2013Congratulations Amy and Noah! Winners of the 2013 Branch Rickey Fan Voting Contest
- 05 Sep 2013Clayton Kershaw wins the 2013 Branch Rickey Award
- 27 Apr 2013Not Just an Outfit: Graduation Suits & Dresses Represent a Rite of Passage
"If things don't come easy, there is no premium on effort. There should be joy in the chase, zest in the pursuit."— Branch Rickey